EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, December 25, 2005

A Terrific Gadget,
bordering on being a necessity

Last week, I bought one of these: an iRiver AFT-100 FM transmitter.
I use it to listen to podcasts through my car's sound system from my MP3 player while commuting to and from the university. It works really well, is easy to figure out, and has considerable flexibility (including three different, user-selectable, FM pre-sets, which come in handy if you have several different places on the dial that are clear at different parts of a long commute). Playing back music or interviews from an MP3 player through the car's stereo system works much better than driving with headphones (and is safer, too)!

I know there are many different devices on the market that do the same thing, but this one does the job really well for me.
 
Who Links Here