EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Official Course Gesture

For nearly 30 years(off and on) I have taught a very large section of introductory economics. A few years ago, I realized that often students see me at the mall or the grocery store or Taco Bell, or the beer store or some place, and they would like to say "Hi! I'm one of your students," but they feel a little shy about coming up to speak to me.

So I came up with an official course gesture. They can flash the gesture at me and, a la Lenny Bruce, I smile and say, "Thanks! Same to you!"


. . . . . . . .







linked to this posting (thanks!)
and included this photo:
 
Who Links Here