EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Swimming Pool Etiquette

How much gawking is appropriate or permissable at a public swimming pool?

Last month, I took my six-year-old granddaughter, Laura Bush Palmer, to the town swimming pool. While there, I was..... well..... impressed by some of the revealing swimsuits.

I do not wish to appear to be a dirty old man, and I do not wish to offend anyone, and so I try not to stare and gawk. But I could not help stealing a few extra glances at one swimming suit that had a two-inch wide net cleavage from the neck to below the navel.

Note: I Googled "Swimming pool etiquette" with "stare", "staring", or "gawk" and received only this:
Do not, I repeat, do NOT stare at women.

Which isn't very helpful.
 
Who Links Here