EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Favourite Movie - Evolution of a Concept

Tyler Cowen at Marginal Revolution began this thread, and Ted Frank at Lagniappe "picked up the baton". Ted, in turn, suggested that I post on the topic. My tastes and age are different, so you'll see quite different movies listed here. I have no idea about the precise dates when these movies became my favourites.

1956 - The Court Jester with Danny Kaye

1958 - No Time for Sergeants with Andy Griffith

1963 - Tom Jones

1964 - Hard Day's Night

1968 - The Graduate

1973 - American Graffiti

1976 - Blazing Saddles

1978 - National Lampoon's Animal House

1980 - The In-Laws [warning: the 2003 version is horrid]

1983 - On Golden Pond

1987 - Three Days of the Condor

present: a toss-up between On Golden Pond (I'm reaching the age that this movie, despite being hilarious, has become painfully significant) and Three Days of the Condor (I love the intricacies, even though they are implausible).

As you can see, I'm not much of a movie buff. And to be quite honest, I still enjoy all the movies on this list.

Other bloggers, in reverse alphabetical order, from whom I would be interested in seeing the evolution:
 
Who Links Here