EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Help!
Russian Expletives Wanted

Despite having studied Russian for three terms as an undergraduate 53 years ago, I never learned any expletives other than "ingest excrement", which just doesn't have the juicy ring I'm looking for.

On Tuesday, or shortly thereafter, I will be meeting a man from Russia, and I would like to greet him by saying,
"Your wife taught us all how to say "Hello" in Russian: [expletive inserted here]."
Please help! E-mail is fine, or post in the comments, but probably the Cyrillic alphabet is better than the Anglo-Roman one. Also, please provide translations so I know what I'm saying [and don't tell me it means "hello"!] I haven't even tried to use any Russian words since I dropped my last course. as an undergrad.
 
Who Links Here