EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The British Monarchy

When I first accepted a job in Canada, someone asked me, "How does it feel to have a Queen?" I don't know why, but I actually enjoy the tradition of the monarchy.

I really smiled when I read Bill Sjostrom's comments about today's wedding. Here is an excerpt:
Prince Charles notwithstanding, I like the British monarchy. It draws attention away from the more annoying celebrities, and the monarchy are the only British celebrities who are actually expected to behave themselves (although granted, they do not always do so).
"Prince Charles notwithstanding..." Priceless.
 
Who Links Here