EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Alcohol Quiz

Here's another quiz linked from Cynthia's website. There's a woman who really knows her alcohol!

I expect that given this posting, Phil would do pretty well on the beer score.

My score?

Well my own preferences run to wine with screwcaps instead of corks.

Beer? I can't tell the difference between an oatmeal stout and Coor's Light.

Hard liquor? On the rocks, please - no need to adulterate it with any mix: " I like Coke, and I like Rum, but I don't like 'em mixed".

Here are my test results -- shameful, compared with Cynthia's.

Bourbon

Congratulations! You're 130 proof, with specific scores in beer (40) , wine (100), and liquor (104).

Screw all that namby-pamby chick stuff, you're going straight for the bottle and a shot glass! It'll take more than a few shots of Wild Turkey or 99 Bananas before you start seeing pink elephants. You know how to handle your alcohol, and yourself at parties.

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
You scored higher than 50% on proof
You scored higher than 50% on beer index
You scored higher than 50% on wine index
You scored higher than 99% on liquor index

It is interesting that the results should mention Wild Turkey. In a blind taste test I did with my younger son, Adam Smith Palmer, last December, I preferred WT to several other bourbon and sour mash whiskeys we had in the house.
 
Who Links Here