EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thursday, December 09, 2004

I Love Christmas Carols!


All types, all genres. I own at least 25 different CDs of Christmas Carols. I even have two different neckties that play Christmas Carols when I push a button on them (thanks to Ben and Eleanor for my latest one). This is just one more thing about which I disagree with Maureen Dowd of the NYTimes (free registration required). She writes:
It's a scientific fact, or should be, that Christmas music can turn you into a fruitcake. It either sends you into a Pavlovian shopping trance, buying stupid things like the Robosapien, or, if you hear repeated Clockwork-Orange choruses of "Ring, Christmas Bells" drilling into your brain with that slasher-movie staccato, makes you feel as possessed with Christmas spirit as Norman Bates.

That's it! I've been brainwashed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Gene Autry, and Bing Crosby.

feh. I guess this means Ms. Dowd won't be joining the PLO...
 
Who Links Here