EclectEcon

Economics and the mid-life crisis have much in common: Both dwell on foregone opportunities

C'est la vie; c'est la guerre; c'est la pomme de terre . . . . . . . . . . . . . email: jpalmer at uwo dot ca


. . . . . . . . . . .Richard Posner should be awarded the next Nobel Prize in Economics . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Canadianisms

The Canadian Disguise Kit that I mentioned in an earlier posting comes with a little reference guide on "How to Speak Canadian, Eh?" But here is a very thorough, helpful set of guides. There are several links down the right side of the page, and they all lead to interesting information about Canada. If you are planning a visit to Canada, it is a good site to visit first. It might also be a good link to send to your friends who voted for Kerry and who later emoted that they were considering moving to Canada.

The first such guide I can remember (though I'm sure there have been many over the years) appeared in the National Lampoon shortly after I moved to Canada. As I recall, they said that Canadians' favourite colour is gray and their/our favourite dessert is tapioca pudding. Here's a list of the articles (but I cannot find the articles themselves on-line and, unfortunately, no longer have my copy of the that issue).


 
Who Links Here